Friday, May 10, 2013

Prelude 05/10/13

Hola! My name is Greg Trahan, and this is my Costa Rica blog. This trip will be an experience I'll never forget, and this blog will help to make sure of that. This will be my first time truly experiencing another country (because Carnival Cruises taking you to tourist traps don't count). And what better place than the happiest country in the world?

It's the night before we depart. The only part I'm not looking forward to is the flight and time wasted at the airports. After waking up at 4 a.m. and spending close to 12 hours traveling, I'm sure the first night will be pretty uneventful. However, the the white water rafting and chocolate tours will make up for that on the next day. White water rafting is one of my favorite vacation activities, so I'm thrilled that it's the first thing we do. I'm also excited to actually use some of the Spanish I learned in high school. I plan on killing time during the flights catching up on some useful phrases.

I'm also very interested in visiting such an environmentally conscious country. The strides Costa Rica has taken to reduce their negative impact on the world are astounding. It is a model for what I hope the world becomes in the future. It seems like the people live a much healthier and simpler lifestyle. Maybe I'll learn a few things from them.

Anyway, it's going to be an early morning. I'd better try to sleep now, because there's now way I'm falling asleep on the plane.

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment